What’s the state of leadership in your organisation today?
How dispersed (wide and deep) is your leadership?
Here’s a clue, we are not talking about a title or job role… we are talking about behaviour.
Adaptive Leadership is a framework of leadership that is becoming an essential part of a Fourth Industrial toolkit. There are four tenets tied to Adaptive Leadership:
- Emotional Intelligence
- Organisational Justice
Self-directed leadership and leadership of others during times of significant change is not something you want to hope happens naturally. It is a capability that we can and should develop within our organisations regardless of title.
What will set your organisation apart?
We must start to grow capability and not continually look to buy talent. Growing a culture of Adaptive Leadership is a set of capabilities that everyone one of us should be working towards, not just in terms of leadership, but as human beings in a rapidly changing world. Being able to demonstrate the traits of an adaptive leader will be at the top of the list for employers regardless of job role.
Is this course for your organisation?
During this course learners will be asked to delve into a personal strengths project and to look at what makes them unique. Understanding and leveraging personal strengths is what will help keep a stable base when working through times of change and ambiguity. Learners will also develop skills in communication and plan their future growth and development strategy. This is a personal responsibility, not just a function of the L&D team.
This course is short (7 to 8 hours over 3 weeks), sharp (very focussed) and impacting (will change behaviour and grow your capability for the future). Building a community of practice and trust, learners work collaboratively with colleagues and coaches who will become a tight, trusted community over the 3 weeks… and maybe much longer.
The course experience
This will be a collaborative, community learning experience where the focus is on developing and demonstrating adaptive leadership. Learners will be challenged to apply new things, not hard things, but potentially life changing things.
The course will take approximately 8 hours to complete over 3 weeks.
You can participate at any time, from any computer or device (phone, tablet).
There are 22 short, bite-size videos (approx. 80 minutes) and the remaining 7 hours or so will all be about doing and exploring.
One team project
Two live discussions
Expert coaching and support
Reporting and ROI
At an organisational level you will receive reporting on your teams’ performance that will make you very excited! You will be able to see engagement levels across your team. You will see the teams capability uplift as a whole and individually. Theirs and your data is water tight and only accessible to those with permissions. Granular level data and analytics can be extracted from the Cahoot platform for your own systems.
Meet the Adaptive Leadership Expert/Coach
Andrea Clarke likes to refer to herself as a recovering television news reporter who is obsessed with helping people accelerate their careers. As a correspondent, she covered major news events around the world for Al Jazeera English, the Pentagon Channel and Thomson Reuters before working on humanitarian aid programs to re-build Iraq and Afghanistan. Andrea then led the communication campaign for the Save Darfur advocacy movement to stop the genocide in Sudan.
She moved back to Australia in 2012, this is when she founded FutureFitCo with the purpose of helping people build confidence, communicate with authority and accelerate their careers. This was the inspiration for Andrea to write her first book - 'Future Fit: How to Stay Relevant and Competitive in the Future of Work'. Her book 'Future Fit' was a finalist in the Australian Career Book Award 2019, a winner of the Australian Business Book of the Year 2019 and a finalist in the UK Business Book Awards 2020. Nothing is more rewarding for her than helping others succeed. She is very pleased to be part of your career journey.
- Live online meet and greet. Getting to know your course mates and facilitation team lead by Leadership Coach to world class CEOs, Andrea Clarke.
- How do your current leadership skills measure up? What is ‘leadership’ anyway?
- How are you leading (yourself, family and others) in these crazy times and what is the leadership you are looking for?
- Leading through change and becoming the leader you want… defining the future you.
- As a cornerstone of the Adaptive Leadership framework, communication is key.
- You will work on, practice and be coached through very practical communication skills.
- You’ll produce a verbal pitch and practice a powerful technique to sound like you mean it and earn trust.
- You’ll look at your body language and use of language. There are many way we undermine ourselves, you’ll see how not to.
- You’ll practice how to write a compelling short report that communicates beautifully.
- Coming to terms with a world where you are constantly learning and adapting.
- Research what will supercharge your career and create your learning roadmap to make it happen.
- How to unlearn - why and what is that anyway?
- Learn how Ed Sheeran leads and is led, it’s fascinating!
- Immersed into a small diverse team you will work on a project across the whole course that will see you uncover and explore your personal strengths and attributes. This is a powerful, data driven, fact finding mission that will shape your leadership and self-worth for years to come.
- Look how far you have come! See your personal progress as a measure of your Adaptive Leadership capabilities from day one to now.
- Captains log, star date… A final team discussion on the experience.
4.0 skills learnt in addition to Adaptive Leadership...
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 2 to 3 hours per week
Prices AUD$ (ex GST/Tax): $480pp
Volume discounts apply
Upcoming course dates (select one):