The Cahoot Academy Adaptive Leadership course is a 3-week transformative leadership experience focused on developing skills in adaptability and leadership in uncertainty.
FutureFitCo CEO Andrea Clarke brings decades of experience to this incredible program which offers you the opportunity to recalibrate, reflect and plan for the future. Having an adaptive mindset is essential for not only dealing with change, but thriving through it. It’s the superpower that drives your actions with purpose and potency in an otherwise ambiguous and changing landscape.
Key themes in the course include:
- Building your AQ (adaptive quotient)
- Connecting and being anchored in your values
- Understanding your strengths and how others view your strengths
- Leading in uncertainty
- Creative thinking
- Extending your frame of your reference
- Continuous learning
“This course changed my life. Extraordinary course and people!”
– Aldo Vasquez Superintendent Exploration Chile, BHP
Is this course for your organisation?
Adaptive Leadership will change how you think and lead. You will emerge with a deeper understanding of your leadership capabilities and take stock and make meaning of events in your career and life that make the person that you are today. The supportive learning community created by the Cahoot platform ensures your learning environment is enriched with cohort and facilitator support.
This course is short (7 to 8 hours over 3 weeks), sharp (very focused) and impacting (will change behaviour and grow your capability for the future). Building a community of practice and trust, learners work collaboratively with colleagues and coaches who will become a tight, trusted community over the 3 weeks… and maybe much longer.
The course experience
This will be a collaborative, community learning experience where the focus is on developing and demonstrating adaptive leadership. Learners will be challenged to apply new things, not hard things, but potentially life changing things.
The course will take approximately 8 hours to complete over 3 weeks.
You can participate at any time, from any computer or device (phone, tablet).
There are 22 short, bite-size videos (approx. 80 minutes) and the remaining 7 hours or so will all be about doing and exploring.
One team project
Two live discussions
Expert coaching and support
Verifiable digital credential via Credly Acclaim
Reporting and ROI
At an organisational level you will receive reporting on your teams’ performance that will make you very excited! You will be able to see engagement levels across your team. You will see the teams capability uplift as a whole and individually. Theirs and your data is water tight and only accessible to those with permissions. Granular level data and analytics can be extracted from the Cahoot platform for your own systems.
“Great experience overall, personally I’m really amazed to see the level of interaction and the willingness to share different perceptions and views that will certainly make us all better leaders.”
Camilo Trouw Superintendent Exploration Ecuador, BHP
Meet the Adaptive Leadership Expert/Coach
Andrea Clarke likes to refer to herself as a recovering television news reporter who is obsessed with helping people accelerate their careers. As a correspondent, she covered major news events around the world for Al Jazeera English, the Pentagon Channel and Thomson Reuters before working on humanitarian aid programs to re-build Iraq and Afghanistan. Andrea then led the communication campaign for the Save Darfur advocacy movement to stop the genocide in Sudan.
She moved back to Australia in 2012, this is when she founded FutureFitCo with the purpose of helping people build confidence, communicate with authority and accelerate their careers. This was the inspiration for Andrea to write her first book - 'Future Fit: How to Stay Relevant and Competitive in the Future of Work'. Her book 'Future Fit' was a finalist in the Australian Career Book Award 2019, a winner of the Australian Business Book of the Year 2019 and a finalist in the UK Business Book Awards 2020. Nothing is more rewarding for her than helping others succeed. She is very pleased to be part of your career journey.
- Introduction and welcome
- Contemporary case study of adaptive leadership
- Group discussion
- Capability assessment
- Live online meet and greet. Getting to know your course mates and facilitation team lead by Leadership Coach to world class CEOs, Andrea Clarke
- How are you leading (yourself, family and others) in these challenging times and what is the leadership you are looking for?
- Leading through change and becoming the leader you want… defining the future you
- Being grounded in your values
- Reputation Capital
- Developing your Adaptive Quotient, AQ the new Q
- Setting Intentions and adopting an adaptive mindset
- Exploring the framework for adaptive leadership: Engage, activate, release
- Coming to terms with a world where you are constantly learning and adapting
- Research what will supercharge your career and create your learning roadmap to make it happen
- How to unlearn - why and what is that anyway?
- Creating a vision for our future self
- Your Adaptive Leadership Roadmap
Course Project - your Strengths
Immersed into a small diverse team you will work on a project across the whole course that will see you uncover and explore your personal strengths and attributes. This is a powerful, data driven, fact finding mission that will shape your leadership and self-worth for years to come.
- Look how far you have come! See your personal progress as a measure of your Adaptive Leadership capabilities from day one to now.
- Captains log, star date… A final team discussion on the experience.
“Most immersive and engaging course I have ever done. Coming into this course I had no idea what the delivery style was going to be like - to be honest I thought it would be a lot more 'death by slides'. How wrong I was... I have absolutely loved the immersive, interactive and collaborative nature of all the exercises.”
Viv Naidu Mining Consultant, Mining Plus
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 2 to 3 hours per week
Prices AUD$ (ex GST/Tax): $480pp
Volume discounts apply
Upcoming course dates (select one):