Notifiable Data Breaches Act 2017 and its implication on Privacy Governance
Privacy, data privacy or personal identifiable information (PII) is regarded as high value and highly sensitive information. As a director you need to understand your ever changing role in privacy governance, the importance of data retention and protection for your organisation and the consequences of not having oversight on this. This webinar will look at:
Privacy governance and the Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) Act including:
- What is ‘eligible data breach’?
- When is notification necessary?
- What is ‘remedial action’?
- What must be done to comply?
- The relevance of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in Australia
Upcoming legislations changes including
- The new ‘encryption bill’
- Metadata encryption legislation
What are the broader implications for directors and their organisations in relation to:
- The Corporations Act
- Increased penalties under ASIC
- Fiduciary duties
- Cyber health report
DPD Units = 5