What is good financial governance for SMEs?
|Price (incl GST)|
- Expiry Date: 4 January 2020
- Duration: 60 minutes
Directors have responsibilities for financial governance but do not need to be financial experts. What does that really mean?
This session will examine how good financial governance is derived from your knowledge of your SME business. Financial information should be used in conjunction with non-financial information about the business, to provide clear indicators for matters such as business plan implementation, liquidity concerns, relationships with customers or suppliers, use of assets and employee contributions to the business.
- Review of the nature and extent of financial information received at board meetings
- Discuss the link between the nature and extent of this information to directors' obligations such as record keeping, statutory reporting, culture and risk profile
- Assess if the information is sufficient to determine whether or not a corporate goal is being achieved and consistent with other? information about the business
- Link nature and extent of financial information received with remuneration structures, related party transactions, compliance obligations, community expectations and management bias in the way information is presented
Attend this webinar to learn how to critically evaluate the nature and extent of financial information, how to recognise when the extensive financial information you receive is not fit for purpose, and could conceal matters that require closer attention.
Register for three or more webinars of your choice in one transaction, and you can take advantage of our bundle and save promotion. Receive 10% discount for three webinars or register for five or more and receive a 15% discount.
DPD Units - 5
Dianne Azoor Hughes
How does it work?
Recordings can be viewed twice. You can fast forward, rewind or pause the playback at anytime. If you stop playback this will count as a view. Please ensure you view the whole recording to be awarded the allocated DPD units.