Planning from the outside in - developing a successful strategy
|Price (incl GST)|
- Expiry Date: 7 January 2020
- Duration: 60 minutes
We operate in a more complex, transparent and interactive world in the post-industrial age of service industry domination and ICT, sometimes called the Infotronics Age.
It has become a condition of survival that we understand the outside world first before determining our strategy. Achieving a sustainable strategy and world best practice profitability depends very much on understanding your own industry and other external environments.
Phil Ruthven founder and director of IBISWorld will:
Examine the outside world, exploring the:
- immediate external environment;
- operating environment; and
- other key influences such as the economy, community, national resource base and the world
- Examine the inside of a modern business to identify the responsibilities of managing assets, staff and other resources to achieve the chosen strategic path.
- Demonstrate how to apply data and direction to match with your capabilities and potential.
- Explain the importance of balancing the outside world first with the contrasting need for effective management inside the business.
- Share business models, diagrams and tools that will help you plan.
The urgency of good planning and strategy is being accentuated by the ‘Asian Century’, where competition is going to be greatest from Australia’s Asian neighbours. Asian nations are more familiar with long-term planning than Australian companies. This webinar will help you to understand why and how.
DPD Units: - 5
Register for three or more webinars of your choice in one transaction, and you can take advantage of our bundle and save promotion. Receive 10% discount for three webinars or register for five or more and receive a 15% discount.
Phil Ruthven AO, FAICD
Founder and continuing director of IBISWorld, Founder and CEO Ruthven Institute
How does it work?
Recordings can be viewed twice. You can fast forward, rewind or pause the playback at anytime. If you stop playback this will count as a view. Please ensure you view the whole recording to be awarded the allocated DPD units.