Evaluating Board Finances two-part series (10% discount applied)
|Price (incl GST)|
- Expiry Date: 14 July 2020
- Duration: 120 minutes
Financial literacy is a skill that few of us are taught, yet when joining a board, we are expected to be able to understand financial concepts, ask probing questions when presented with financial information at board meetings draw conclusions and make decisions. None of this is easy. The two part series will address these and look at easy ways to apply learnings to your own situation.
Part 1: Financial Statements - interpret, analyse and deduce will cover:
- An explanation of the three financial statements of an ASX-listed company
- the balance sheet, the income statement and the statement of cash flows
- Questions for directors to ask in relation to issues identified
- Ways to analyse and interpret each of the statements then draw conclusions on financial performance above after applying the step-by-step methodology
Part 2: Financial Ratios - key tools in assessing trends and identifying warnings:
- Calculation of key financial ratios where the entity’s liquidity, operating performance, financial stability and profitability will be assessed over several years.
- Drawing conclusions as to what the ratios are telling us.
- How a financial dashboard may be created for the board of directors for presentation at their board meeting using the key financial ratios identified in Part 1 above.
For this series to be of most benefit, we suggest you have a basic level of understanding of what to look in your board financials.
DPD Units = 10 for the series or 5 for each part
10% discount applied and exempt from any other bundle offers.
Lecturer, QUT Business School
How does it work?
Recordings can be viewed twice. You can fast forward, rewind or pause the playback at anytime. If you stop playback this will count as a view. Please ensure you view the whole recording to be awarded the allocated DPD units.