Financial Essentials for Not-for-Profit Directors - Part 1
|Price (incl GST)|
Thu, 5 September 2019, 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM (AEST)
View local times
- Expiry Date: 14 June 2020
- Duration: 60 minutes
The ability to effectively analyse financial statements is an essential requirement of all not-for-profit directors. However, it is an area where many directors feel the least comfortable.
This two part series will take a closer look at the legal reporting requirements for not-for-profit entities, the key financial statements and critical elements directors need to consider when reviewing and questioning financial statements.
Part One will cover:
An overview of key compliance requirements under ACNC:
- The role of the ACNC
- ACNC’s Five Governance Standards and their impact
- Annual Information Statements (AIS) requirements
Understanding Financial Statements:
- Which do you use: Cash vs. accrual accounting?
- Your P&L: Layers of profit/ surplus and key messages
- Your Balance Sheet: Financial health, funding sources and key messages
- Your Cash Flow Statement
Your focus as a director/board member when reviewing financial statements:
- Solvency, solvency and solvency
- Profitability vs. cash generation: How they’re different and why it matters
- New Accounting Standard for recognising NFP revenue
- Cost types and their implications
- Managing debtors and creditors
Register for three or more webinars of your choice in one transaction, and you can take advantage of our bundle and save promotion. Receive 10% discount for three webinars or register for five or more and receive a 15% discount.
DPD Units: 5
Dianne Azoor Hughes
Can't make this session at the scheduled time?
A recording of this session is available. Simply choose the recording option when registering for this session. An email with a link to view the recording will be sent within approximately 48 hours of the live session.
How does it work?
Recordings can be viewed twice. You can fast forward, rewind or pause the playback at anytime. If you stop playback this will count as a view. Please ensure you view the whole recording to be awarded the allocated DPD units.