And now what do I do? How to implement AAC
|Price (incl GST)|
|Members Single price||$88.00|
|Non-Members Single price||$176.00|
|Students Single price||$66.00|
- Expiry Date: 31 December 2019
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Views: 2 views per purchase
This workshop aims to provide participants with knowledge and information in understanding implementation strategies to support individuals with complex communication needs.
It is recommended that this workshop is viewed in conjunction with the What do I do now? Augmentative and Alternative Communication is NOT a last resort webinar, presented by the same educators. The first webinar had a focus on assessment and an introduction to AAC. This Part 2 will delve deeper into implementation strategies and outline the goal areas required for AAC success.
What I will learn:
- Understand Janice Light’s Communicative Competencies framework
- Identify a range of implementation strategies to support individuals who are learning to communicate using AAC
- Functionally apply implementation strategies in a range of setting
Who should attend?
- Registrants must be speech pathologists.
- This workshop is relevant for speech pathologists with minimal experience with augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) and those with an interest in understanding implementation strategies to support individuals with complex communication needs.
- This event will be applicable to those with little to no experience in practice in this area.
- Speech pathology students who have undertaken the relevant lectures and/or coursework and/or clinical placements are welcome to attend.
What do I need to read beforehand?
- There are no recommended pre-readings.
- Participants are not required to bring anything to the event. All materials will be provided.
CPD Points awarded: 1.5 PSR points