Supporting older children and adolescent clients with reading comprehension and written expression difficulties
|Price (incl GST)|
|Members Single price||$88.00|
|Non-Members Single price||$176.00|
|Students Single price||$66.00|
- Expiry Date: 17 July 2020
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Views: 2 views per purchase
This will be a highly practical, interactive presentation, where a range of reading comprehension and written language strategies and resources will be presented. The content of the presentation is based on the presenter’s wide-ranging clinical experience that has been guided by evidence-based, best practice guidelines, as well as by her clients’ particular needs.
What I will learn:
Participants attending the workshop will have an opportunity to:
- Examine the links between oral and written language
- Explore the role of speech pathologists in supporting clients’ written language
- Develop frames of reference, as well as a set of resources, applicable to their clinical practices.
Who should attend?
- Registrants must be speech pathologists.
- This workshop is relevant for speech pathologists with caseloads of older children and adolescents with language and literacy difficulties.
- The workshop is relevant for all levels of clinical experience, as well as for speech pathology students who have undertaken relevant lectures and/or clinical placements.
What do I need to read beforehand?
- There are no recommended pre-readings.
CPD Points awarded: 1.5 PSR points
Julia Starling (Dr)
PhD, LCST, MS(SLP), MSPA, CPSP
The University of Sydney, NSW