Public Training Sessions - Melbourne - August 2021 (2 hours)
|Price (incl GST)|
DateThursday, 12 August 4:00 PM AEST
LocationLive online session via Zoom
Recordings will be provided after the session.
This session will consist of a tax update and special topic.
Attendees will be updated on recent tax issues and learn about the practical impact of recent tax changes.
You will also learn how to apply these changes in a client context and discover how to recognise planning opportunities as a result of the changes.
Tax Updates cover important tax issues such as:
- Income tax, including CGT
- Other taxes such as GST and FBT
- Tax administration
- State taxes
August Special Topic: Death of a business owner/controller
A case study which considers the implications when the controller of trusts conducting a business and accumulating wealth in a corporate beneficiary dies, including:
- getting the money out to the deceased estate — Div 7A and debt forgiveness
- testamentary gifts of shares and CGT event K3
- paying out dividends and liquidator’s distributions
- paying out the UPE
CPD/CPE: 2 hours