Public Training Sessions: Darwin - February 2022 (4 hours)
|Price (incl GST)|
DateThursday, 24 February 1:00 PM LOCALTIME
LocationLive online session via Zoom
Recordings will be provided after the session.
This session will consist of a tax update and two special topics.
Attendees will be updated on recent tax issues and learn about the practical impact of recent tax changes.
You will also learn how to apply these changes in a client context and discover how to recognise planning opportunities as a result of the changes.
Tax Updates cover important tax issues such as:
- Income tax, including CGT
- Other taxes such as GST and FBT
- Tax administration
- State taxes
February Special Topic 1 :
Working out aggregated turnover for tax purposes
A yardstick integral to establishing eligibility for many concessions under the tax law requires:
- understanding what receipts are included in turnover
- knowing whose turnover counts — connected entities and affiliates
- identifying when an entity is a connected entity or an affiliate
- understanding the direct and indirect control rules for companies, trusts and partnerships
February Special Topic 2 :
A case study which explains how the rules apply, including:
- the importance of correctly identifying the business activity
- the four objective tests
- how the conditions for exercise of the Commissioner’s discretion vary for high income individuals.
All TaxBanter tax training qualifies as eligible CPE/CPD hours.
CPD/CPE: 4 hours