FBT 2018: Cars and Entertainment FBT issues for Government and NFPs
A practical session providing a refresher for all FBT issues relating to cars & entertainment.
During the session we will explore the best of the cars and entertainment FBT issues raised in the TaxEd Q&A service. This will be a treasure trove of real life Government and NFP FBT car and entertainment scenarios.
Issues to be explored include:Cars
- Identifying when a benefit exists
- Work related travel - implications for business use of the revised ATO guidelines
- Private use issues
- Operating cost valuation issues
- Statutory formula valuation issue
- Novated lease and residual value issues
- Work horse vehicle issues - always FBT exempt?
- Log book issues including new Log Book safe harbour rules for Fleet cars
- Issues with Pooled cars
- Identifying entertainment in common Government and NFP scenarios
- Entertainment - implications of the revised ATO guidelines regarding what is work related travel
- Revisiting the Meal entertainment and entertainment facility leasing changes?
- Treatment and issues with tax exempt body entertainment - is it really entertainment?
- Identification and treatment of non-entertainment
- When can the minor benefit exemption be used for entertainment expenditure?
- Other exemptions for entertainment
- Travel and conference issues
Who should attend?
- Staff responsible for FBT return preparation
- Staff with a working knowledge of FBT rules re cars & entertainment
What you can expect from the session?
- Coverage of key car and entertainment issues faced by Government and NFP employers
- 1 hour
TaxEd Director & Technical Panel
How does it work?
Recordings can be viewed twice. You can fast forward, rewind or pause the playback at anytime. If you stop playback this will count as a view.