Cahoot Learning is committed to protecting your privacy which forms part of the ongoing trust that Cahoot Learning wishes to build with you. This policy sets out how Cahoot Learning complies with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act). The APPs set out how we must handle your personal information. 'Personal information' is information or opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. The information or opinion may or may not be true and may or may not be recorded in a material form.
What kind of information we collect
When you make any purchase through the Site, it may require your username and password, name, organisation, email address, telephone number, mailing address, cardholder name, credit card type (e.g. AMEX, Visa), credit card number and credit card expiry date.
This allows Cahoot Learning to process and fulfil your purchase requests and to notify you of your purchase status. If you do not supply all this information, then Cahoot Learning cannot process your payment, supply you with what you have purchased or notify you of the status of your purchase request.
When you look at the Site or undertake courses delivered through the Site, the Cahoot Learning web servers, either controlled directly or indirectly, make a record of your visit and log the following information for purposes of the agreement that it has with you and also for statistical analysis or system administration purposes:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address (e.g. 18.104.22.168) and/or fully qualified domain name (e.g. www.cahootlearning.com)
- The date and time of your visit to the site
- The web pages which you accessed, the files you downloaded and the sizes of those pages/files
- If you followed a link to the Site (e.g. from a search engine), the name of the previous web page and the name of the web site you visited
- The type and version of your web (e.g. MS Internet Explorer, Firefox or Chrome)
- The name of your operating system (e.g. Windows 7 or 8, Apple or Linux)
- The protocols used (e.g. http, https, ftp).
Search terms that you provide when you search the Site are collected for statistical analysis, to understand what users are looking for on the Site and to improve the products and services which Cahoot Learning provides.
A cookie is some textual information which a web server sends to your web browser. Your web browser usually stores this information somewhere on your computer's hard disk. The web server may retrieve this information from your web browser whenever a web page is sent to you. The Cahoot Learning web servers generate a single cookie which is used to let us know who you are, to deliver information, publications and services to you based on your account information and to keep track of the Cahoot Learning web pages which you visit while you are using the Site. The Cahoot Learning cookie contains an organisation identity number (if any), user type, group identity number (if any), user identity number and the browser session identity number.
How to control cookies
What kind of information is collected by others
When you look at the Site, Cahoot Learning's Internet Service Provider (ISP) and your Internet Service Provider may also make a record of your visit and collect some or all of the same, or similar, information as the Site.
The Site may work with third party sites that collect anonymous traffic data at this site from traffic referred by external search engines.
When you follow a link from the Site to a third-party web site, that web site may also make a record of your visit and collect some or all of the same, or similar, information as the Site.
The Site does not currently use any third-party advertisement service(s) for the serving and/or targeting of advertisements, promotions or other marketing information.
It should be noted that Cahoot Learning has no control over, and does not accept any responsibility for, the privacy and information collection practices of these third parties.
How we use the information we collect
Your personal information that you provide to Cahoot Learning is kept for the following purposes:
- To provide you with that which you have acquired or requested from Cahoot Learning
- To send you communications in relation to what you have acquired or requested
- Internal accounting and administration
- To protect you and Cahoot Learning from fraud
- To help us identify other products or services that might be beneficial to you, and inform you about them, if you have requested this
- To inform you about updates or changes to the product or service you have acquired
- For statistical purposes
How we protect the information we collect
To protect the privacy of your information, Cahoot Learning continuously monitors its compliance with the various privacy obligations imposed by law as well as those which it voluntarily undertakes.
Whenever you register or make purchases from the Site, Cahoot Learning uses current technology to encrypt the information. This ensures that the information sent to and from its secure web server from and to your personal computer is for your eyes only.
Online access to your information, products and services is protected by your Cahoot Learning username and password which must be provided before you can gain access to your information, products and services.
You should remember that it is your responsibility to you to keep your username and password secret so that they cannot be used by anyone else.
All collected information is stored on servers. Cahoot Learning believes that this information can only be accessed by you and by authorised Cahoot Learning staff and service providers.
Cahoot Learning also uses state-of-the-art hardware and software measures to protect the information which it collects from you from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
So that we can ensure that your credit card information is as secure as possible this area of the website is capable of working with web browsers using high-security encryption.
Cross border transfer of data
Personal information may be transferred between countries for processing, storage or support services. If your information is transferred Cahoot Learning will take steps to protect your personal information in a manner consistent with this policy.
What information we share and how
Cahoot Learning will not share your information with anyone. Exceptions may occur where:
- Cahoot Learning believes in good faith that you have consented
- A law enforcement agency, or other government agency, is exercising its legal authority and has asked Cahoot Learning to provide access to that information
- That information is required to help identify any abuse or attempt to abuse or compromise the integrity or security of the Site or any web sites connected to them
- Cahoot Learning discloses anonymous, aggregated, statistical information to non-Cahoot Learning third parties such as advertisers, promoters and partners
- Where Cahoot Learning has outsourced any aspect of providing services to you to third parties, in which case Cahoot Learning will ensure that all third parties deal with your personal information according to the same standards as ascribed to by Cahoot Learning.
Your control over the information we collect
You have a right to access the personal information we store about you. If you find that this information is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, then we will correct it. If you wish to access your information, then please email email@example.com.
To assist Cahoot Learning to deal with your request within a reasonable period of time, it will need to verify your identity. To this end, please include in your email the following information:
- Your name
- The name of your organisation
- The subject matter of concern.
The Site is not for the use of children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age please do not access or use the Site. If we become aware that a child under 13 years of age has accessed this Site, and we have collected any personal information from or about them, we will delete that information.